Friday, October 3, 2008

September Happenings

Some fun stuff from this last month...

Lil started preschool again, which is GREAT! She is reading pretty well these days! About a week ago her preschool went on a field trip to pick apples from an orchard... Okay so it was two apple trees in the teachers parents yard. But well- they still had fun! And I went along with Lacey.

Lil picking up ripe apples from the ground...


One of her teachers helping one of the boys get an apple from the tree


Lacey being her typical cute self while playing in the yard.


Lil, some of her classmates, and her other teacher getting ready to dip the apples in caramel



Of course there are also the random pictures I have taken this month...

Lacey pretending she is Daddy...


Lil was trying her hand at photography...


And what I found this morning when I walked into the front room...




I have no idea how she managed to get her hands on this banana, nor do I know how she then managed to peel off a single strip of the peel... but she did!

Lil has recently learned to sing I Am A Child Of God (A pretty popular and well known song in my church). The lyrics to the first verse of this song are...

I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home,
With parents kind and dear.

Lil's version:

I am a child of God,
And she has sent me here.
Has given me a lot of time,
And parents kind of dear.


Love her!

I have been working out 3 times a week lately, and don't get home from the gym until after Lacey is in bed. Well, the last few times I have gone in to check on her when I get home, she is still awake. And as soon as she sees me she takes her pacifier (only allowed at bedtime), rips it out of her mouth, throws it down and puts her arms up for me to pick her up. :) Man, it's nice to be loved!

Yeah- I think my kids are awesome.

Hope you had a good September!

3 comments:

Loots said...

That banana thing is something Mike would do. haha. He insists on us only peeling it halfway so he has a handle to hold on to, then when he eats it down to the peel he doesn't get it and starts trying to eat the peel. Silly kids.

heidijogoody said...

Yes it is always nice to feel loved by your kids.

Mindy said...

Cute pictures. Max is like Where's Waldo in all your preeschool pictures....just look, promise you'll find him! :)