Monday, October 13, 2008

I had one of those "WOW" moments tonight...

As I was putting Lilia to bed, I was struck by just how awesome she is. Now, I KNOW, I am her mom. I HAVE to think she is awesome, but she really is! She is smart, and funny, and cute, and has a personality to light up the darkest room. She could sell ice cubes to Eskimos!

There I sat with my oldest child. The girl I remember so well as a baby...



The girl who, I swear, was JUST learning to talk, and sang along with Elmo's world...



Here is this totally awesome child, who I taught to feed herself, and brush her teeth...





The child who I held all night when she was hurt and crying... AND SHE IS READING ME A BOOK! SHE IS 4! And READING to me! And showing me all the things she is learning. She has insight, and wisdom, and her little brain is picking up more and more information every MINUTE! She. Is. Amazing.

And I love her so very much. Much more than I ever dreamed was possible...

4 comments:

~AnnaMarie~ said...

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way. I looked at Savannahs toddler pics the other day and cried because she is growing so fast!

heidijogoody said...

It is amazing how much love moms can have for their children..even when we have to deal with their ups and downs all day every day!

Hillsdale Park Ward Programs said...

Wow, that was so sweet. Someday I hope I too can have that experience.

Mindy said...

Oh my heck, I had the SAME experience tonight. I tucked Lillie in and just sat there and listened to her as she jabbered to me about her day. Your post is so sweet. Lilia will love reading that when she is older.