Monday, October 20, 2008

Home sick...

It seems I am finally getting over a 24 hour bug of some sort. I was completely laid up last night from about 5 o'clock on. Kudo's to Joe for making an AWESOME steak dinner!

Well- today, I woke up still feeling pretty crummy, so I laid myself down on the couch, grabbed myself a blanket and wrapped up. I warned Joe ahead of time that the kids were corralled in the front room (Okay- Lacey was corralled, Lil was free to roam), and that I was NOT getting up unless I absolutely had to (since it hurt to be vertical).

I WAS smart enough to bring my laptop, TV remote, and camera to the couch with me... So- Lacey woke up at 6:30 again today (hard to sleep in when you can't breathe). She and I were awake and alone for about 2 hours since Lil slept in, and Joe left at 6:45 or so. And THIS is what Lacey did while I was immobile and in pain...

First on the agenda: Put on a shoe. Just one. Right over the jammies...



Next: Stand on top of the computer and play with the mouse for Dad's laptop...


Third: Turn and show mom that you found a hidden binky, and smile to myself since mom can't come get me down and steal the pacifier...


Then: Find a random piece of paper...



And write mom a get well soon card...


Finally deliver the card to mom! (I was still on the couch for this shot- She was sitting behind the couch, in the kitchen)



Soon after, Lil woke up. She decided my Rachel Ray show wasn't exciting enough for me to watch, so she decided to put a movie on for me (read: her). This is how it went down:

Step one: Remove Lacey's Baby Beethoven DVD from this morning.



Step two: Take the cup of grapes back from thieving sister. And put them out of her reach...


Step three: Rummage through the DVDs looking for the DVD of choice


Step four: Change your mind (maybe only at mom's insistance) and share a grape with your little sister


Step five: Find the proper movie


And Step six: Insert the movie and turn to see Mom has been documenting the whole thing...


And finally, a recording of Lacey coloring on some random paper. She is making it fairly difficult to tell if she will eventually be a lefty or a righty...


And yes- through it all, Lacey is only wearing the one shoe.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

this darn flu keeps circulating around our ward! Both Morgan and I have been down flat too today! Darn us for being obedient and attending our church meetings just so we can get sick!

Morgan said...

That is so funny. I love step by step documentation.

I hope you are feeling better! Will you email me your new phone number? I have some questions for you about food storage and stuff.