Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween is coming!

So I have decided to do something a bit more fun than usual. I am not a huge Halloween buff, in fact, if it weren't for the kids I would never even buy candy for it. I just don't like it much. BUT- the kiddos are getting older, and Lil is starting to form lasting memories, so I am trying my hardest to have good holiday memories for her to remember. So- I actually DECORATED the porch for Halloween. It wasn't much, but I think it looks good (though it looks MUCH cooler at night- a lot more creepy..).

So without further ado...






So really all I did was add corn stalks and pumpkins. The rest is my typical house... (kidding! The fake spider webs are also an addition- as opposed to the real ones...)

Lilia helped me with this. She cut the pieces of spider web for me, as well as arranged and re-arranged all the pumpkins multiple times.

I am thinking I may add a homemade scarecrow on the swing and maybe a black light for the porch... we'll see.

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

This is a good start! This is better then I have done I don't think I even have one decoration out yet.

Morgan said...

Looks good!! I have been a scrooge this year. I mean, not totally....I just can't find my favorite Halloween wreath from our big move and it bummed me out! :)

Tyne said...

Awesome decorations. I have spider webs all over the front of my house too, but they are real. Happy POW!

RuensOnTheRun said...

That look great. We just have a scarecrow decoration and pumpkins...your webs look good!