Monday, January 25, 2010

Lil-isms from yesterday

I love my kids. They make my life so much more interesting, and bring a whole new level of love to the table. That being said, sometimes I can't help but shake my head at the blunt (mean) things I hear coming out of my eldest daughter's mouth. :)


Before church, I was helping Lil go over some spelling words for school... she (being a bit on the odd side) really loves doing her homework, so that's what she chose to do. Well, one of her words was "but." She giggled and said, "you mean, like my bum?" to which I responded with, "Um, no... like 'I like a clean house, but I don't like cleaning house.'" And Lil said, "OH! Like, 'I love my daddy, but not my mommy!" (Punk kid)

A couple hours later we are sitting in church and Lil is quietly entertaining herself with a blank pad of paper and a few crayons and pens. After a minutes contemplation she looks at me and says, "Mom, I am going to draw a picture of our family, but I am gonna draw it with baby Matthew out of your belly so you don't look too terrible!" (Nice, kid... REEEAAAL Nice!)

Then she totally redeems herself by cuddling up with me this morning on the couch for half an hour or so- until she opens that cute little mouth of hers and says, "I love cuddling with Daddy more. "

:: Sigh :: I guess I should be grateful that she does at least admit that she loves me "most of the time." Heaven knows I love her to pieces ALL the time!

4 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

Your kid is FUNNY! At least you can take it like a woman. Keep the faith...she's just gonna get WORSE! Love ya!

Pam said...

Sis- Lacey totally makes up for it. She is such a momma's girl!

Sariah said...

My girls are such daddy's girls, too! But that's okay, I'm so glad they have such a good relationship with him. :)

heidijogoody said...

O that silly kid these crack me up