Friday, January 15, 2010

I see a light!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am two weeks from my induction date! :) It's funny to me how many people think I will be going into labor earlier than that, but I kinda doubt it. Why? Cause I refuse to get my hopes up! What will happen, will happen, but I really feel like I will most likely be induced January 29th. SO RELIEVED to have that all figured out.

I had two baby showers (since this is my first boy)... and both were overwhelmingly wonderful!

At the family one, my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law created diaper sculptures out of 4 bags of diapers... They were so darn cute! And I had forgotten my camera. :( But- I did manage to get a picture of three of them when I got home... the other one was disassembled so I could get it home.

There was the Duck


The Alligator

The Baby

And the one I didn't get a picture of, was a dump truck. It was super cute though (Anna, Rach or Leah- if any of you have a picture of it, I would VERY MUCH like to get my hands on it)!

There was amazingly tasty food (chili, corn bread, salad...), fun game(s), a collection bowl (for lack of a better word), and some group gifts of amazingly cute boy clothes. I felt SO MUCH more prepared after leaving the first shower.

Then, yesterday, my friends threw me a shower, and can I just say, it was SO FUN! I love my neighborhood and the friends I have made here? They bought baby Matthew a new carseat, and once again, quite a bit of baby clothes! Once again, the food was fantastic, and the games were fun. And once it was over, I came home fully confident that I was pretty ready for my little guy to come. He is gonna be one well dressed little boy!

All in all, right now, life is GOOD! :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had so much fun last night!
Thanks for the invite!!

heidijogoody said...

Wow those diaper sculptures are quite amazing!