Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Channeling ALL those nesting instincts...

SO my induction date has been moved up to Thursday. Seems my doctor has a family emergency (I am assuming funeral or some other such issue) that has him leaving Friday for a week. So it's either a matter of being induced on Thursday, or being delivered by a different doctor when I go into labor on my own. Due to my own personal feelings on this, as well as Joe's feelings on it, we both decided Thursday will be the big day!


Baby Matthew is arriving in 2 DAYS! Crazy huh?! I am pretty excited to meet him, and I am very much ready to be done with this whole pregnancy thing... In the meantime, I have a minor dilemma. That dilemma arrives in the form of my Mother in Law. Whom I adore! But- she will be spending all day Thursday at my house watching my monkeys to make sure Lilia gets to school and dance class okay. She is going to be HERE. ALL DAY. Which means one thing for me. I GOTTA get my house as clean as I can manage, because I don't want her to walk in and feel the need to clean my house. If she were to walk into the house today she would for sure be saying, "and I let my SON marry THIS?!" But to be fair, I had a fairly bad pregnancy day yesterday and spent most of the day on the couch... But not today, no siree! I am gonna be cleaning like a mad woman, and the laundry WILL be washed, dried, folded, and put away!

And the best news of all? I can mop, sweep, and vacuum to my hearts content. Though up until now it has been forbidden (per doctors orders)... Why? Because who cares if it puts me into labor?! :D

So- wish me luck in my nesting adventures. The best news here is purely this: I have been nesting now for a few weeks, and so the house isn't really too bad... I just need to get the surface areas clean and convince Lil to clean her room.

4 comments:

Party of Five said...

Good luck in 2 days (and with all the cleaning)! We are praying for you guys and I'm sure all will be wonderful. I'm so excited you get to meet your little matthew. So much fun. HEre's hoping that in 6 day's (keeping with tradition) I can meet my little man too, huh? :)

heidijogoody said...

Good luck with everything he will be here so soon! That is so crazy

Diane Conn said...

I'd come help if I could. Cleaning your house sounds like more fun than cleaning mine.

Morgan said...

How exciting!! Good luck on Thursday!