Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mom's bad example...

(This blog was inspired by a very similar situation that can be read about HERE.)

So, lately I find myself in that awfully awkward situation where Lilia chooses to either repeat me, or question me. Sadly, I am not the perfect mom, nor the perfect person, and I DO, on occasion, see the need to blurt out some choice expletives. Granted, they aren't THAT bad. I choose words such as "Crap", "Crap-tastic", or "Crapity Crapum's". There is the good ol, "Idiot!" or "Fudgecicles." Yeah- I know! Half of you are horified that I have such an AWFUL potty mouth, and the other half of you are laughing at my choice of verbage. To which I appologize, to both sides. Now on to the stories:

Every morning our dog alerts us that it is time to go for her morning constitutional by running at top speed from one end of the house (my bedroom) to the other (the front room). Well, about a month ago, that darn dog managed to take a wrong turn and ended up cornered in the girls room. She was moving too fast to stop and was faced with two choices, run into the box under Lil's bed, or JUMP on Lil's bed... WITH the sleeping Lil still in it! What did she choose? Yup- she jumped. This, of course, woke Lilia up. Lil pushed the dog off the bed and said (quite dramatically), "Crap!" Then she rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. I happened to be standing right outside her room and witnessed the whole ordeal. Lacey was there too. She was trying to crawl up my legs, and into my arms. She failed. Miserably. She DID, however, manage to fall over and land on her well padded rump. This, of course, made her start crying (probably in frustration). And that cry caused Lilia to sit BOLT UP RIGHT in bed and yell, "CRAP!" She then flung the covers off and got out of bed. Not the best start to her day, I guess... Joe, of course, thought this whole ordeal was funny. I totally sympathised with poor Lil. I don't like being forced awake either. He also was quick to point the finger from where she learned her new favorite word...

About two weeks ago I was driving along on my way home from Wherever, and found myself at a point in the road where one lane becomes two. At that same point in the road, the speed limit jumps from 55 to 65 mph. I was stuck behind this mega huge truck going about 40. So when the lane opened up, and he chose to move to the right lane, I decided to hit the left lane and ramp myself up to the proper speed! I was ALMOST out of his blind spot when for heaven-knows-why, he chose to move over into the left lane. I had two choices, swerve and hit oncoming traffic, or slam on my breaks and pray the person behind me is far enough back that they don't hit me. I chose the second option. (You can let go of the edge of your seats now, this story has a happy ending) As I slammed the breaks on, I honked my horn and yelled, "Idiot!" (Bet you can't see whats coming here...) Lilia then informed me that she was scared when the truck almost "hitted" us. I told her it scared me a bit too. She then asked, "Momma, whats an E-diot?" (Crap...) "Um, well, an idiot is someone who isn't driving well because they aren't paying attention to the other cars." She says, "Okay" and life goes on as usual. Well... A couple days later I was out driving toward Wherever, and found myself trying to reach a sippy cup (that will hopefully calm the screaming Lacey) while driving. I of course wasn't paying as much attention as I probably should have and realized a little too late that I should have my foot pressing down on the breaks. So I slammed on the breaks, and narrowly avoided the vehicle in front of me. Lil recognized that same lurching feeling of the breaks being slammed on, followed by the rocky feeling of the Antilock breaks kicking in, and said, "Momma, who was the idiot? You or them?" Now how am I supposed to answer that?!

I guess its not the end of the world that Lil has learned certain words from me. I mean, think about it... it could be a WHOLE lot worse. Besides, I truly believe that everyone needs a "go-to" word to help relieve the stress of a situation. And quite frankly, "Crap" just isn't that bad of a word.

And what would this blog be without a pic of my sassy, yet smart Little Monkey (This is one of the three pictures I took on our road trip last month).

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I think that is pretty funny!

~AnnaMarie~ said...

Lol..that is too cute! Savannah is a mini me so you can be sure that anything that comes out of my mouth will also come out of hers!

Sariah said...

First of all, that pic is so cute!

The stories are pretty funny! Acadia used to repeat things too. Scary! lol

heidijogoody said...

ocpOh yes sometimes we forgot how easily our children pick up different actions or words from us good or bad! This post did have me smiling though