Friday, July 11, 2008

All growed up!

Lacey took her first steps this week! She took me completely by surprise. I had taken the girls to the park for lunch and was dealing with the typical "chase Lacey away from the dirt and bark" game. She has a bad habit of putting bark and dirt clods in her mouth, so everytime she approaches the bark (or dirt) I go pick her up and move her back to the picnic tables and grass. So thats what I did! I picked her up and moved her. And when I go to put her down I set her on her feet. As soon as I let go of her hands she slowly drops to the ground (kinda like she is melting) and crawls off. Well not this time! She stood there for a second, then started walking! She made it five steps before she finally lost her balance and landed on her hands and knees. It was so awesome! And I am glad to say that I have witnesses... there were three other women with their kids at the park, and all of us got the opportunity to witness Lacey's first steps. Joe was very jealous, but he did get her to repeat her performance later that night. I love my baby!

4 comments:

Hamlie said...

Yeah for Lacey! Now she's going to be using those shoes a lot more.

Morgan said...

Woo hoo for Lacey!!!! :)

heidijogoody said...

Congrats to Lacey!! I was actually wondering if she was walking today when she was standing really well by us in church today.

~AnnaMarie~ said...

No- tell her to stop it. They have to stop growing up so fast!!!