Saturday, March 6, 2010

The beginning of a new chapter...

Joe and I were married December 27th 2000. It was going to be in my hometown in Modesto CA, and it was sandwiched between Christmas and the celebration of my great grandfather's 100th birthday (the 29th). We had a HUGE turnout from my side of the family because of that. It was not super easy to plan our California wedding from Utah, but we managed, and it turned out well. We were married in the Fresno CA temple (I would have preferred the Oakland Temple, but it was closed for maintenance...). After the ceremony, we headed back to Modesto for our reception later that night. There were a few mishaps, but all in all a fantastic evening, with plenty of family and friends to celebrate with. After the reception Joe and I stuck around town "honeymooning" until the next evening when we made a quick stop in at Grandpa's party to wish him a happy 100th birthday. Then we left to head back to Utah, honeymooning along the way in Vegas. When we got back to Utah, we had an Open House for those of our family and friends who lived in UT. It was not as well attended, but it was beautiful and The important people came. Both Joe and I felt extremely blessed to have such amazing family and friends, and their support was greatly appreciated!


This year we celebrate our 10th anniversary, and I am more in love with him than I ever dreamed possible. In the last 10 years Joe graduated from the U of U with a bachelors in Computer Engineering. We have moved from U of U student housing, to our first house in Layton, followed by our current house. We have had three beautiful children. Lilia was born in August 2004, Lacey in July 2007, and Matthew in January 2010. I was able to quit working for the bank and become a stay at home mother. All in all, we have had a fantastic 10 years, and look forward to MANY MANY more!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your love story has really been fun to read!

heidijogoody said...

I have enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Hey Pam- Do you have Heidi Goodman's email address? Could you email me it? @ curlmom@gmail.com
Thanks!