Friday, June 26, 2009
Today seems like a great day for randomness. I mean, it's been such random weather, my mood has been all sorts of random lately, and to top it all off, I just kinda feel like it's time to ramble a bit and empty out my brain a bit...
- I am tired.
- I find myself still having a hard time getting out of my comfy warm bed in the mornings! That is SO WRONG! Why is it that I still bundle up on the couch at night with an afgan? It's JUNE! Almost JULY! It shouldn't be cold! I should be wearing shorts and sprawled on the couch with the AC and fan on full blast!
- Dinner tonight is gonna be SO YUMMY! I am making shredded sweet pork, with baby carrots, rice, and homemade bread for dinner.
- I ate Ramen noodles for lunch, and they tasted GOOOOD! Why? I dunno. But they did.
- Tomorrow I am taking dinner to a neighbor of mine. Unfortunately, I won't be eating any of the meal I take her- since I have a family party to go to, but I am serving her one of my all time favorites. Italian Au Jus Sandwhiches with home made buns. YUMMY! And what doesn't smell better than fresh bread baking in the oven? (Which is exactly where they are right now... Here's to hoping they last til tomorrow, I may eat them all before then! YUM!)
- My house is a wreck, and I really don't feel like cleaning. I think I need a housewife. You know, someone who will clean and cook so I can focus on being a mom and playing with my kids and sleeping...
- I am tired of waiting on the holdup for my business... UGH! But you do what ya gotta...
- Lilia informed me yesterday that Lacey is annoying and she wants to get rid of her and trade her in for a boy.
- Lacey was growling (very loudly) when Lil told me the above.
- My kids make me laugh.
- Joe makes me laugh too. He is awesome.
- Lacey's language has been growing by leaps and bounds. I have to share this video with you cause it is really funny. She has her own special technique to eating cherries... I got her to showcase some of her latest words in the video too. Enjoy!
- Lilia is going through a secret telling phase. It's been all sorts of fun to hear her secrets. Mostly just confessions of love for all sorts of things. But occassionally she has a real doozy of a secret. For example, she came up to me yesterday and said, "Mom, I have a secret for you." Then she leaned in close and said, "I have to go potty cause my tummy is upset." She then broke wind, and giggled as she ran off to the bathroom. The little stinker! (Quite literally)
- I have to share one other picture with you. Ironically it is seriously the ONLY picture I took while on vacation last week. But it was funny to me.
(Notice the lock? hehehe)
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Posted by Pam at 2:13 PM
Sunday, June 14, 2009
So lets go back and do a bit of catching up.
Lacey is still up to her slathering antics... she no longer uses peanut butter though. She has experimented with sour cream, and found it a bit too crusty upon drying...
Her latest is shampoo and soap. In a 4 hour period the other day, she had 3 showers to get the different soaps and shampoos out of her hair...
Lilia is growing up SO FAST! At the end of last month, she graduated from preschool. They did a cute little performance, which I got on video, but unfortunately due to the wind, you can't hear a darn thing! :( Good thing I got a few pictures.
At the end of it, the kids were asked what they wanted to be when they grow up. Lil said she wants to be a ballerina.
Each kid was also given an award. Lil's was Most Likely to be Mistaken for the Teacher. (Darn smart kid!)
We got bored a few weeks ago, and decided to put ponytails in our hair. Lil and Lace giggled through the whole process and left in the ponytails all day. Cute girls!
My girls really love their family. Especially Uncle David (my baby brother).
He is all kinds of fun!
Lace is also pretty partial to Grandma. She is her cuddle buddy. They like watching TV together.
Lilia also had to finish kindergarten registration this last week. She had to go in to the pediatrician for her kindergarten checkup and immunizations. She did really well- until they went to give her the shots. They had a cute little program for the kids to follow. After the nurse does the initial Q&A session with me, they gave her some stickers. Then the doctor came in and did his checkup on her. They then posed for a super cute picture of LIL being the doctor. She was given a little bag of goodies (a bouncy ball, more stickers, some play jewelry, candy...) and finally, when they came to give her the shots, she was given a cookie and a cup of juice. The shots didn't react well with Lil, so the cookie and juice were fed to Lacey since Lil was hovering over a garbage can. Poor girl! But she was a trooper and will now tell anyone who listens that she doesn't need any more shots until she is 12. Which is "a long LOOOOONG time away!" She was given a passport to Kindergarten, and got to write her name at the top and check off all the tests they did with stickers.
And finally- the reason I haven't posted lately- I am in the middle of starting up a business... it has been slow going, and I do have at least a couple more weeks before I am ready to go, but I will give you a hint as to what I am gonna be selling...
Posted by Pam at 8:41 AM