Sunday, June 14, 2009

Slacker

I am sorry I have neglected my blog!  It really isn't like me to go so long without a post, but I have been super busy this last month.  


So lets go back and do a bit of catching up.  

Lacey is still up to her slathering antics...  she no longer uses peanut butter though.  She has experimented with sour cream, and found it a bit too crusty upon drying...


 Her latest is shampoo and soap.  In a 4 hour period the other day, she had 3 showers to get the different soaps and shampoos out of her hair...


Lilia is growing up SO FAST!  At the end of last month, she graduated from preschool.  They did a cute little performance, which I got on video, but unfortunately due to the wind, you can't hear a darn thing!  :(  Good thing I got a few pictures.  

At the end of it, the kids were asked what they wanted to be when they grow up.  Lil said she wants to be a ballerina. 

Each kid was also given an award.  Lil's was Most Likely to be Mistaken for the Teacher.  (Darn smart kid!)

We got bored a few weeks ago, and decided to put ponytails in our hair.  Lil and Lace giggled through the whole process and left in the ponytails all day.  Cute girls!




My girls really love their family.  Especially Uncle David (my baby brother).  

He is all kinds of fun!



Lace is also pretty partial to Grandma.  She is her cuddle buddy.  They like watching TV together.

Lilia also had to finish kindergarten registration this last week.  She had to go in to the pediatrician for her kindergarten checkup and immunizations.  She did really well- until they went to give her the shots.   They had a cute little program for the kids to follow.  After the nurse does the initial Q&A session with me, they gave her some stickers.  Then the doctor came in and did his checkup on her.  They then posed for a super cute picture of LIL being the doctor.  She was given a little bag of goodies (a bouncy ball, more stickers, some play jewelry, candy...) and finally, when they came to give her the shots, she was given a cookie and a cup of juice.  The shots didn't react well with Lil, so the cookie and juice were fed to Lacey since Lil was hovering over a garbage can.  Poor girl!  But she was a trooper and will now tell anyone who listens that she doesn't need any more shots until she is 12.  Which is "a long LOOOOONG time away!"  She was given a passport to Kindergarten, and got to write her name at the top and check off all the tests they did with stickers.



And finally- the reason I haven't posted lately-  I am in the middle of starting up a business...  it has been slow going, and I do have at least a couple more weeks before I am ready to go, but I will give you a hint as to what I am gonna be selling...


3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

YOu have been busy busy.. good luck with your new business

Unknown said...

Your girls are super cute! I can't believe the things they get into at your house! Hee, hee... That is kids for ya'! *Good Luck with the business, too*

Megan Loves Life said...

Oh boy, those two-year-old messes are awesome aren't they?