Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Joe is so good to me!

Yesterday I had a minor oral surgery. It was not what I would call a good day by any means. After the surgery, I spent the rest of the day in need of help walking from one place to the other (the meds they gave me left me feeling kinda loopy and HEAVY like I was underwater). To top it off the pain pills they gave me made me pretty sick. And through it all Joe was so GREAT to me. He pretty much allowed me to sleep off most of the effects, and when I wasn't sleeping he was getting me some soup or a drink or holding my hair for me when my stomach decided it wasn't gonna let me keep that soup down... All in all, he was pretty great. He was so busy taking care of me and the girls that he didn't get to eat dinner for himself until after 9pm.

I am pretty darn lucky to have such a great husband! And for that matter, I have a pretty awesome mom too... she not only watched the girls while I was in surgery, she made me a batch of soup as well.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

What a great husband and Dad. Those are hard to come by these days. I hope you are doing better

Beck said...

Aww, such a sweet post! What a nice guy you have there! Mom's never get a day off either, so good job dad for stepping up (: