Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another Rite of Passage


My girls are growing up. As with every other mom in the world, this thrills me to no end, and makes me a bit sad at the same time...

Yesterday Joe and I loaded the girls up to go "window shopping" at Ikea...

What? You don't believe me. Well- I don't blame you.

So, off to Ikea we go...

And home from Ikea we come- $420.00 later...

And this is what accompanied us!


In order for it to be put in place, some rearranging needed to be done... Bye Bye Crib and Toddler Bed!
Joe got to work on the construction...
Eventually it was finished...
And the girls couldn't be more thrilled!
They are now proud owners of an awesome new bunk bed! The bed itself was quite reasonably priced... it was adding mattresses, bedding, and water poof (read: pee and vomit proof) mattress protectors that got us up to such a great price tag!

Now, eventually, the blue will become pink, and then the bed will be PERFECT! In the meantime, I love that Lacey is only 4 inches off the floor, so if she rolls out, the fall will be quite a bit less painful than a regular twin bed!

(Sorry for the crappy pictures- I was tired. When the pink paint is done and the other quilt is finished I will take better pics...)

3 comments:

Morgan said...

How fun! My girls just got their bunk beds set up about 2 weeks ago! They love them also!

Sissy Jackson said...

I LOVE THE BED! Cute little girls...

Jenny said...

Fun, I love IKEA!! you can never leave empty handed.