First off, yesterday was my 9th anniversary... 9 YEARS! And though it hasn't always been easy, I am so very glad we made that jump together. I love Joe. That's all there is to it. He completes me, and he makes my life so much better than I ever could have imagined.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Posted by Pam at 11:20 PM
Monday, December 7, 2009
I have a new friend. She and I are due pretty close to the same time (she's a bit further along than I am). She is a pretty big fan of lists (as am I...), and has compiled a couple pregnancy lists I just LOVED. So of course, I felt the need to take her lists, share them here, and add a few to them (my additions are in red and italics). Now, on to the lists!
The best things about pregnancy
1. Feeling like I always have a secret... something that is temporarily all mine and no one else's.
2. My boobs get bigger :)
3. Strangers seem much more kind and courteous
4. Being able to use pregnancy as an excuse to con strangers into being more kind and courteous (like convincing them to let you cut in line for example) ... not that I do that sort of stuff....
5. Feeling kicks and wiggles and watching my belly wave like the ocean
6. My hubby and kids getting to feel and watch the baby move... and the excitement it creates in Lilia in particular
7. Not feeling so guilty about sleeping in until noon :) (or taking naps mid-day while one kid sleeps and the other is at school)
8. Looking at cute baby clothes!
9. Imagining tiny little fingers and toes and fuzzy heads and cute little cheeks that I'll one day get to snuggle with :)
10. Nesting instincts. I get sooo much more accomplished when these hit!
11. Always getting dibs on using the bathroom first :)
12. Getting free upgrades on airplanes and in hotels (didn't know about this, and won't ever need to worry about it...).
13. Not feeling like I should change out of my yoga pants after 3 days of wearing them, just to go to the grocery store.
14. Having a built in heater during the winter.
The most ANNOYING things about pregnancy
1. weird dreams... like dreams that keep you wondering all day long why the heck you dreamed about that.
2. That in-between time when no one can really tell you're pregnant, but you feel very overly pregnant
3. The three people a week (average) who tell me I look like I am about to pop even though I still have 7 weeks left.
4. The two to three bathroom trips each night.
5. Sneezing with a full bladder.
6. My personal identity disappearing, and suddenly the only thing I'm known for is "being pregnant"
7. Going through more than one pair of underwear in a day... especially annoying when it's more than two... or three... or when I run out of underwear before laundry day comes.
8. Prenatal vitamins. gross. huge.
9. Acne worse than when I was in high school
10. Not being able to eat the cookie dough :( (or brownie mix)
12. Acid Reflux ALL.THE.TIME.
13. Listening to random strangers tell stories about how "this one thing happened to my cousin's husband's best friend's pregnant wife...."
14. Ligament pain... All. The. Time.
15. People being overly cautious of me. Like suddenly it's not safe for me to stand on a chair to hang something on the wall...
16. Crying at everything. Like billboards. Or cell phone and toilet paper commercials. (And having major freak outs over minor things...)
17. Having the nesting urge but not being able (by doctors orders) to sweep, mop, or vacuum or lift anything heavy...
18. Not being able to look sideways while in an elevator or escalator without falling over.
19. Some of my favorite foods and smells are suddenly disgusting to me.
20. Only being able to take Tylenol for pain... because I might as well eat a Smartee (
21. Everybody suddenly seems to walk WAY too fast...
22. My butt hurts. Technically it's my pelvic bone. Either way, I hurt, down there, all the time.
23. Having a built in heater in the summer.
The most annoying things PEOPLE SAY.... *and my response (if I had the guts)
1. How are you feeling? *pregnant. fat. hungry. my butt hurts. i just peed my pants again. annoyed that you're the 50th person to ask me that today.your breath smells
2. You're having a boy. I can tell.
3. How are you feeling?
4. Are you sure you're not having twins? *Are you sure YOU are not pregnan?? 'cause you're looking awfully fat...
5. How are you feeling? *Like the next person to ask me this is gonna get kicked in the knee caps. Go take a shower.
6. You're barely even showing, in fact, you're smaller than last time. *Really? Is that why all my maternity clothes are TOO SMALL and my belly knocks things over as I walk through the stores, and everyone stares at me?
7. How are you feeling?
8. So was this planned? *seriously? Do I look 16 to you? Yes this was planned. And even if it wasn't- does it matter?
9. You look cuter in maternity clothes than you do in regular clothes. *Wow. Thanks. I'm not quite sure how to respond to this one.
10.Are you nervous about the pain during delivery?? *ummm... would YOU be nervous if you knew you had to push out an 8 pound turd? Yeah, I thought so.
11. Are you pregnant? *no. It's a bee sting.
12. Can I feel your belly? *ALWAY, I mean ALWAYS asked by a really nasty, creepy looking stranger in a check-out line at the store. (Note- it only bothers me when strangers ask- if I know you, ask away!)
13. How are you feeling?
4. IBC Rootbeer brings your milk supply in. (what a crock)
Posted by Pam at 8:18 AM
Monday, November 23, 2009
A friend of mine posted a video on her blog titled "In The Spirit of Thanksgiving" where people on the streets of New York were asked one question: What are you thankful for?
Posted by Pam at 12:58 PM
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Posted by Pam at 11:00 AM
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
So my blog has been neglected again (mostly) and therefore I am gonna go back and post my facebook status updates for the last little while, since they really do tell my life story best...
Pamela is sad and in a mild state of numbed shock. Rest in peace Uncle Carl. I'll truly miss you! October 1 at 10:06am
Pamela is exhausted and will be making more apple sauce tomorrow... but the apple sauce bit is exciting. I am LOVING the apples I have! October 3 at 8:10pm
Pamela Is super excited for Laura's baby shower tonight. She has NO IDEA! Hope to see many people there! October 6 at 7:39am
Pamela Shower was a total surprise, and Laura walked away with a big smile on her face! :) Thanks to those of you that came and ate and partied with us! October 6 at 10:19pm
Pamela gets to get three shots and a blood draw in the next 4 weeks. Can we say YAY (that, my dear friends, is sarcasm)! October 8 at 2:32pm
Pamela Curtis Wiggins has a TON to do today... well, actually this week/month... and doesn't feel like doing any of it! October 9 at 11:16am
Pamela Is hoping for a date night on either Tuesday or Wednesday night (sans children)... anyone wanna join us? October 9 at 6:27pm
(Didn't happen- my sitter went into labor, and the other couple coming with us came down with H1N1)
Pamela wants to know if ANY of her friends are interested in taking an awesome relic off our hands. More specifically an original Nintendo (okay so it's a Japanese knock off, but it plays Nintendo games) plus, the duck hunt gun, the floor pad, and 31 games (including the original Super Mario Bros, and Zelda)... we do have the original Nintendo deck, but it's kinda touchy... October 10 at 8:40am
(Sold to the first commenter! Congrats CaliAnn and Brett)
Pamela Is praying for good luck and laboring for her friend Laura! Good luck, girl! October 13 at 9:22pm
Pamela Is pretty pathetic... I just watched Biggest Loser while ingesting more chocolate than I care to admit to... October 13 at 10:08pm
Pamela can be such a dip... I just tried "saving" my spot in an ONLINE article by hanging a bookmark off the side of my keyboard before closing the laptop on top of it to deal with my kids... October 14 at 9:36am
Pamela Is there anything better than an unsolicited sticky gooey kiss from your 2 year old? I think not... :D October 14 at 4:51pm
Pamela List of things to do today: Go to an eye appt. Call my doc about breathing problems, look for flu shots/mist for my kids and the flu shots for me, call a man about 2 cows, visit Laura and Sarah, take Lil and her friend to dance class, and attend an Enrichment meeting. And in between all that I gotta make me some jewelry! October 15 at 8:02am
Pamela Is making COOKIES! October 16 at 10:54am
(they were GOOOOOD- Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting)
Pamela finally has some idea of what to do for Christmas... now to make it happen! October 18 at 3:56pm
(Still can't say, my SIL's may read this, but I am excited about it...)
Pamela was amazed at how poorly Lil handled getting a flu shot. I had to literally HOLD her down. She was SO freaked out about getting a shot in the arm! October 19 at 11:32am
Pamela hit a nerve in her hand last night and lost the use of it for a good 4 hours before bed. It's still a bit achy, but at least I can type again! October 21 at 8:30am
Pamela just finished a banana popsicle... all is right with the world. October 21 at 2:25pm
(hmmm... just finished a rootbeer one, and still feeling like all is right with the world!)
Pamela is trying not to worry about the fact that the last three babies born in my neighborhood (all in the last week) were each 8 lbs or bigger... I am wondering if this is some kind of omen.... October 23 at 9:25am
Pamela Got this note from Lilia today: "Der Mom, You are the best mom in this wrld ♥ Lilia" I love this kid! October 23 at 12:49pm
Pamela is trying to decide if she should go make sure her children are still breathing... They are both still sleeping- very unusual... wakeup time is usually 7 am... October 26 at 8:40am
(they woke up just as I hit send)
Pamela has lower back pain. No fun. Looks like it's a good day to just CHILL on the couch and recoup from a busy weekend of nothingness. (I swear this weekend seemed so busy, but we didn't go anywhere... just stayed home with Sickie Lil and watched all 5 Harry Potters, plus some house cleaning and laundry) October 26 at 9:55am
Pamela just caught up on the goings on of some of my friends, and now feels that even though things aren't perfect, I've got it pretty good right now. My prayers go out to those of you dealing with pains and difficulties! October 26 at 2:41pm
(hopefully things are better with my oh so awesome VFriends)
Pamela Is annoyed... my laptop is down for the count again... CRAPTASTIC! October 26 at 9:59pm
Pamela Eh hem: IF ANYONE WANTS TO COME VISIT ME AFTER THIS BABY ARRIVES SOUTHWEST IS DOING A KILLER $25 FARE SPECIAL OFFER BETWEEN THE DATES OF JAN. 5 AND FEB. 10. BUT THE SALE IS ONLY GOING ON TIL THURSDAY AT 11:59pm... Just sayin'... October 27 at 9:03am
Pamela loves the biggest loser but is getting REALLY tired of people throwing themselves under the bus! I am broken hearted about who went home tonight! October 27 at 10:08pm
Pamela Lacey has decided that crying is the thing to do at nap time now. Do I ignore it and hope she sleeps or do I go cuddle with her and possibly cause a bad habit to form? Decisions... decisions... October 28 at 1:54pm
(Okay- not a real tough decision... I just hate listening to the crying)
Pamela Lilia just informed me that "Pam is a mean mom, but Dora would be a nice mom" Good to know I compare so unfavorably to a cartoon character... October 28 at 4:06pm
Pamela So, a couple weeks ago, my Uncle Carl passed away. He bore a striking resemblance to Santa, and played Santa at our family party every year. Now- what do I do about my 5 year old asking me "So, mom? What are we gonna do now that Santa is dead?" October 29 at 6:40pm
Pamela spent half an hour working on Lil's costume and came back upstairs to a completely THRASHED front room. Can we say, "yay!"? :S October 30 at 12:17pm
Pamela IS so excited for some Thanksgiving goodness! :) November 2 at 8:30am
Pamela had her blood drawn today, and is surprised at the pain it is causing in her elbow... I actually had to change shirts (to something short sleeved) so the shirt wouldn't rub against the already forming bruise... November 2 at 11:26am
Pamela went all out... turned off both phones, hung my children sleeping sign, put on some warm sweats and took a nap with Lacey... EXACTLY what I needed after staying up WAY too late last night. November 2 at 3:23pm
Pamela Slipped while mopping yesterday... tell ya what, DON'T try doing the splits when 6 months pregnant... BAD Idea. Pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my lower abdomen. November 4 at 7:49am
Pamela Is it really only 9am? I hate waking up early... November 6 at 8:55am
(to clarify- I had been up for 3 hours already... kiddo #2 woke me up at 6)
Pamela Lacey has eaten parts of her peanut butter sandwich to look like a phone receiver, and is currently talking into it. Awesome. November 6 at 12:48pm
Pamela This hesitant momma has been schooled. Lacey took her diaper off this morning, sat on the potty, and then got off and refused to put a diaper back on. Looks like she really REALLY wants to be potty trained! Let the "fun" begin! :S Sun at 1:28pm
(False alarm... she just wanted to play with the toilet paper. Though I will be working with her on potty training.)
Pamela AACK! I made artichokes for dinner and am OUT OF MAYONNAISE! ::GASP:: I think I am gonna cry! Sun at 6:37pm
(As seen in my previous blog- it was a disaster, but I did buy mayo the next day and polish off the last artichoke for lunch. YUMMY!)
Posted by Pam at 4:28 PM